CITY COUNCIL MEETING – TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2021
7:00 P.M. – CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
1. Opening Ceremonies.
a. Moment of Reflection.
2. Approval of minutes of the regular City Council meeting on January 12, 2021.
3. Public Participation.
a. Swearing in of Bristol Fire Marshal and Fire Inspector.
b. Non-Profit Spotlight: NAACP of Bristol in celebration of Black History Month.
5. Consent Calendar.
a. To place on file the New Hire Report for January, 2021. 5a
b. To approve the Tax Refunds dated February 2, 2021. 5b
c. To approve the submission of grant application from the Parent and Child Program to the State of CT Office of Early Childhood Home Visiting System for $250,000 to support early intervention in-home services starting 7/1/2021 for three years and authorize the Mayor or Acting Mayor to execute all documents necessary. 5c
d. To approve the grant application to State of CT Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection Division of Statewide Emergency Telecommunication grant for $57,080 with a $28,540 local cash match to purchase a generator, two HVAC units and three generator connections. 5d
e. To award Contract 2P21-040 Leasing of Computer Equipment to TEQ Lease, Inc. and authorize the Mayor or Acting Mayor to execute all documents necessary. 5e
f. To approve the change orders for D’Amato Downes, a Joint Venture, for $166,848.54 for the Memorial Boulevard Intradistrict Arts Magnet School and authorize the Mayor or Acting Mayor to sign the change orders and all documents necessary. 5f
g. To approve the change orders for D’Amato Downes, a Joint Venture, for $10,680.56 for the Memorial Boulevard Intradistrict Arts Magnet School and authorize the Mayor or Acting Mayor to sign the change orders and all documents necessary. 5g
h. To approve the Contract assignment from Milone & MacBroom, Inc. to SLR International Corporation who will assume all rights and responsibilities of MMI. 5h
6. Reports and Committee Reports.
a. Real Estate Committee – To refer Lot #12 Waterbury Road to the Department of Public Works, Water and Sewer Department, and Planning Commission for a C.G.S. Sec. 8-24 report regarding selling the parcel. 6a
b. Ordinance Committee – To schedule a public hearing and introduce amendments to the Bristol Code of Ordinances Chapter 10 regarding Solid Waste. 6b
c. Report from the Memorial Boulevard Arts Magnet School Building Committee.
d. Update from the School Readiness Council.
7. Unfinished Business.
a. Citywide COVID update.
b. Update on Financial Reviews of Pension and Health Costs.
8. New Business.
a. Referral to Ordinance Committee from Board of Fire Commissioners on revisions to the Open Burning ordinance.
b. Update on the City’s marketing focus on Diversity within the City Hiring Process.
11. Resolution regarding the Senior Volunteer Tax Relief Pilot Program from July 1, 2020 to December 1, 2021 and to waive the reading of the Resolution, but to include it as part of the minutes. 11
12. Award of Contract 2P21-031B Construction Manager at Risk for Renovations at Bristol City Hall to D’Amato+Downes a Joint Venture for $175,770, to refer to Corporation Counsel for review, and to authorize the Mayor or Acting Mayor to execute. 12
13. Award of Contract 2P21-026B Architectural/Engineering Services Relative to Renovations at Bristol City Hall to Quisenberry Arcari Malik, LLC for $760,750, to refer to Corporation Counsel for review, and to authorize the Mayor or Acting Mayor to execute. 13
14. Approval for City to enter into Letter of Intent with Carrier Construction, Inc. or its assigns for exclusive rights to Parcels 6, 7, and 8 on a map known as “Centre Square Resubdivision” for a mixed use development with market rent apartments and commercial space, to authorize Mayor or Acting Mayor to execute, and refer to Corporation for review. 14
15. Executive Session regarding the matters of William Leone vs. City of Bristol, WCC#601018216, William Leone vs. City of Bristol, WCC#000155318, William Leone vs. City of Bristol, WCC#601042713, and William Leone vs. City of Bristol WCC#601086238. 15
16. Any other business proper to come before said meeting.
Town and City Clerk
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 984 1426 7773
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York) 98414267773