Work will be within Eversource’s existing right of way (powerline corridor) off Riverside Avenue, Ridge Road, Sunnydale Avenue, Lakeside Drive, Lake Avenue, Halcyon Drive, and Horizon Drive.
We anticipate starting this work mid to late September. The scope of work will include the following phases of work:
- Construction vehicles on the right of way including heavy equipment.
- Site grading, mowing/tree clearing, adding gravel to the access road, and setting timber mats in wetland and manicured lawn areas.
- Vegetation management will be conducted at select locations to comply with updated electrical standards; this will be in the area between Halcyon Drive and Lakeside Drive in Bristol.
- The wood and lattice structures will be replaced with new weathered-steel structures of similar height. When complete, we will entirely remove the old structures from the right of way.
- Replacement of existing wire, called conductor, with new wire of the same voltage.
- Replacement of existing shield wire on the structures with Optical Ground Wire (OPGW).
- When the project is completed, crews will restore areas that were disturbed by the work.
Project work is expected to be completed by the first Quarter of 2024, with any additional restoration occurring in the Spring of 2024.
All abutting property owners will receive Start of Construction correspondence, and Eversource will continue door-to-door outreach efforts and ongoing conversations with landowners.
Samuel Carmody | Specialist - Community Relations & Economic Development | Eversource Energy